Top Free Programs Alternatives to Install On Your PC
The list below is my top 14 free programs that you can install on your PC that will allow you to do everything you will probably need to do on your PC. No need to pay for expensive software when there is free software out there that does the same thing.
1. Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Security Essentials is a free alternative to the paid Antivirus out there that is very effective. You can get it at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials.
2. Malewarebytes – Malewarebytes is a piece of software helps backup your antivirus. It scans for rouge pieces of software that could damage tour PC or cause a lot of other problems. You can learn more about malware by reading my article. Stop From Getting Bite By Malware . You can get it at http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=buyingGuidesBodyColumn.0%3bpsum. There is both a free version and paid version of the software. Head over tohttp://www.malwarebytes.org to learn what the difference is. I bought the software due to the real-time protection the paid version gives you.
3. LibreOffice – LibreOffice is a great free alternative to commercial office suits that can do at least 90% of what commercial office suites can do. It comes with a word processor called Writer, a spreadsheet program called Calc, a presentation program called Impress, a database program called Base, an all-purpose diagram and chart tool called Draw, and Math an easy way to insert equations and formulas into documents. LibreOffice also comes with templates to help you make your work perfect. You can learn more about, and get LibreOffice at http://www.libreoffice.org/.
4. PDF Creator – This a great piece of software that allows you to create a PDF out of any Windows program like a Word document, or a web page. It allows you to do this by adding a printer to your PC called PDF Creator. You can get it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/.
5. Zimba Desktop - “The free Zimbra Desktop client delivers a consistent user experience offline, so email, voice, social, calendar, contacts, files and documents are synchronized and locally accessible when on the road. Zimbra Desktop aggregates information across accounts (Zimbra, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) and social networks (Facebook, Digg, Twitter, etc.) to help make communicating and sharing information easier than ever.” You can get it at http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop.html
6. Adobe’s Acrobat Reader – Acrobat Reader is a free program that allows you to read PDFs. You can get it at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/.
7. Adobe’s Flash player – Adobe’s Flash player allows you to watch videos on the web from sites like Youtube. You can get it at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/.
8. Crome – Crome is an alternative to Internet Explorer, which is faster and more secure. You can get it at https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/.
9. Izarc – Izarc is a great program to compress and uncompress files of various compression file formats. You can learn more about, and get it at it http://www.izarc.org/.
10. UMPlayer – Umplayer is great video player that allows you to view videos in a wide variety of different formats. You can get it at http://download.cnet.com/UMPlayer/3000-13632_4-75332747.html?tag=dropDownForm;pop
11. Allway Sync – Always Sync is a great program for backing up your important files. You can get it and learn more about it at http://allwaysync.com/.
12. Dropbox – Dropbox is a great piece of software that allows you to synchronize your files from one PC to another. By default you get you 2 gigs for free, which should be enough to sync files you are working on. If you need more space you can get it for cheap. Head over to https://www.dropbox.com/ to learn more about and to get Dropbox. Dropbox is also another great way to back up your files.
13. Advanced SystemCare – “Advanced SystemCare Free (formerly Advanced WindowsCare Personal) has a one-click approach to help protect, repair, clean, and optimize your PC. This program helps you keep your PC running good. You can learn more about and get Advanced SystemCare at http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html.
14. Itunes – Itunes gives you a lot of free content such as free songs, TV shows, apps and podcasts. You can get it http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/.